Current Month November 2016 November
30. Late snowfall, about an inch.
Elk on the golf courses. Crescent moon. November
29. Clear and quite cold. November
28. Monday. Light powder overnight.
Holiday lights at full intensity. November
27. First real snowfall of season.
2" on valley floor. Snowcover begins. November
26. Saturday. More sun, cold. November
25. Black Friday. Cloudy day.
Return from Boise. Smoked turkey.
Doctor Strange. November
24. Thanksgiving Day..
Lifts open at River Run. Pies and ham.
Travel to Boise. November
23. Light snow at dawn.
22. Clear and colder. Pecan
and Pumpkin Pies. Bowl of Soul. November
21. 3rd frost-free cloudy day.
turkeys. Cottontails take cover.. November
20. Sunday Cloudy. No frost.
Elk on the highway, watch out. November
19. Mostly cloudy. No frost overnight.
Hanging holiday lights.
18. Coldest day yet, with wind.
Resort furiously making snow.
16. Clearly cool. Leonids
fall. Raccoons scrounge.
15. Rain turning to snow.
14. Clouds, then rain.. Beaver
Moon. Foxes returning. Cattlemen visiting.
13. Fair, mild for 6th day. Cloudy late. Supermoon.
and magpies. Widespread
9. Fair and mild again. Heavy frost.
Paper day. Cottontails. Post
election fear and loathing.
S began therapy for frozen shoulder.
8. Fair and mild all day. Light frost.
Election Day. Elk on valley floor. Slack.
Remember the yard signs
That sprout before elections
And wither in the aftermath?
This year's scarce crop
Suffers from too long a season
And excessive manure.
The mountain is
and not because you see it.